The most basic emotion we need from the first moment we open our eyes to the world is the sense of trust. The bond established between mother and child in the first two years of life is the most important foundation laid for her healthy future years. binding; It is an emotional bond that develops between the baby and the primary caregiver, where one or both sides are seeking closeness, and which shows itself more in cases of stress and separation.
Her teacher and psychologist Mine Ağır said, “Babies develop a healthy bond with the person who meets their needs, not with the person they spend more time with. Although attachment takes place between the ages of 0-2 until
, the child’s effects continue throughout his life. ”
Special Education Teacher and Psychologist Mine Ağır, referring to the type of attachment, mother-infant attachment, whether the needs of the baby are met and how they are met, said: “The most basic needs of a baby are nutrition, safety and love.
Meeting these needs contributes to a healthy secure attachment.
Attachment type and relationship with parents play an important role in shaping the child’s relationships with other people, their social life, self-perception, and their outlook on the world. The bond that the baby establishes supports the future social, emotional and mental development and affects his perception, self-perception and personality as a safe place or an unsafe place when he is an adult. ” Speaking about the importance of secure attachment, Mine Ağır said, “There is a safe relationship between parents and
. Children with attachment know that the mother and father are always with them, they will meet their needs and are accessible. He is comfortable with his parents
, he discovers the surroundings comfortably. Children with a secure attachment,
react in the absence of the mother and father, but when they come back they calm down.
I am here from your parents, I hear you, I understand you, I give you value
The child who feels accepted
and thus connected securely will be supported in a positive way.
Children who are securely connected will also be more successful in managing their environment by using their intuition. He said.
Insecure Attachment poses Risk
Insecure children who say insecure attachment are less curious about their environment and
show shy attitudes. hard work also shows that children who are securely attached in early childhood are more competent in their social relationships in the coming years, children who are securely attached adapt more easily than their insecure attachment peers. reveals that he has friends. It was determined that these children had higher lecture notes and were more prone to be goal-oriented and collaborative. Children who are insecure are more challenged in academic processes. Insecure attachment is also a risk factor for negative emotions and mental health. ” He mentioned.
What Can He Do to Support Secure Attachment?
Touching on the topic of “How to support secure attachment” Ağır, listed the following:
• Looking into your eyes while communicating with the baby from the moment you are born strengthens the bond between the baby and the parents.
• Frequent change of other caregivers (caregivers, etc.) in the lives of children negatively affects the establishment of a safe attachment relationship.
• It is important to prepare babies and young children for separation.
You can say, “When the evening comes, I will come home again
we will meet”. Going out of sight, running away while leaving the house damages the child’s trust in you, reinforces feelings of insecurity and increases their reaction to separation. For this reason, the child should definitely say goodbye. Stating that he will go to the baby, saying goodbye and coming back, leaving the house prevents the child from feeling abandoned and helps him feel safe. Getting out of the house without saying goodbye leads to more difficult negative results.
• Although the first caregivers are mothers, babies also develop attachment to their fathers from the first periods. The role of fathers in baby’s life is very valuable. How much time they spend, playing games, interacting is valuable.
• Having physical contact with the baby is very valuable for safe attachment. The tickling, “ceeee” games, hand-foot massages that are played with the baby
strengthen secure attachment.
• Respond to the feelings of the baby and be accessible for the baby. He should know that when the baby is afraid, as well as when he feels positive emotions,
he can be with his parents.
• When going to work with the baby or early child, going out, etc.